Last Updated: 07 June 2021 at 16:00
Khayelitsha Cookie Company has two key goals:
- Producing premium quality Cookie Company using only the finest ingredients.
- Creating employment for the unemployed women of Khayelitsha. We work together with previously unemployed women from the townships of Mfuleni and Khayelitsha and turn them into highly skilled bakers. These skilled women hand-bake and pack each & every cookie.
In addition to this, Khayelitsha Cookies top management is committed to supplying products that are safe and consistently please our customers.
Khayelitsha Cookies Company is committed to ensuring the Food Safety Management System is established, implemented, maintained and continually improved in accordance with the prescribed FSSC 22000 version 5.1; ISO 22000:2018; ISO/TS 22002-1:2009 along with FSSC 22000 version 5.1 Additional requirements.
Our commitment to the food safety management system shall be communicated to all persons employed at Khayelitsha Cookie Company to ensure understanding by all. Our staff are our most valuable asset and through training and involvement contribute to our success. Resources shall be provided and a team appointed and trained to adequately establish and maintain the system. A forum for resolving conflict shall be established.
Meeting all statutory and regulatory requirements (listed in Annexure 1) for quality and food safety, including mutually agreed customer requirements related to quality and food safety.
Internal and External Communication and understanding of the Food Safety Management System will be maintained within the organization together with a forum for resolving conflict
Communicate quality and food safety requirements to suppliers, contractors, customers and consumers and other relevant interested parties by establishing specifications for ingredients and packaging materials, product storage and distribution and consumer guidelines.
Communicate quality and food safety aspects to employees’, consumers, customers and principal stakeholders that have an impact on, or are affected by Khayelitsha Cookies food safety and quality management system
Our measurable objectives for 2020 are:
- To maintain FSSC 22000 certification
- To have less than 20 customer complaints for the whole year
- To not get any Critical non-conformities
- To not get any non-conformances relating to out of specification microbiological results